Sunday, December 14, 2008

Same Crap, Way Better Package

so...ummm...welcome to the ****NEW & IMPROVED**** Yoga for Cynics....as you can see, it has a cool, attractive new header and footer with Sanskritish letters & everything...and no longer looks exactly like a whole bunch of other blogs with the same standard template...and that’s not even mentioning the ****NEW & IMPROVED CONTENT****, including: navel gazing, self-indulgent rambling, pretentious literary references, general incoherence, Lou Reed quotes with no apparent connection to anything...

aw just like Sister Ray said....
Lou Reed

...okay, so it’s the same crap as before...nonetheless, for huge improvements...no thanks to me...in presentation, I wanna offer a million thanks to my most excellent blogger friend Svasti...to whom I’ve promised a percentage of the profits from this site for her inspired work....in other words, she was kind and generous enough to do it for free...so you should go visit her blog...seriously...I’ll wait
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You back? I also wanna thank another cool blogger, Ed T., for the trippy Buddha above (which he calls a derivative work, which sounds like an insult, but apparently isn’t), which didn't make it into the header, but I like it a lot, anyway, and appreciate his letting me using it. Oh, and also thanks to Kim, who gave me a blog award a while ago which I was enough of an ingrate to forget about...and, while I’m at it, I really should thank all you people who read this blog...which is approaching its half-year anniversary (as it started just before the summer solstice, and we’re almost to the winter solstice, so ain't I in tune with...something)...so, thanks, y’all....gratitude, people, that’s what this post is about...not, as might appear, pure self-indulgence...yes, an honest to goodness positive yogic value on display right here...namasfuckingte 'til next time, folks....

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bastard! (lol...sort of)

Anonymous said...

As I am a new 'disciple', I can't remember what the old header looked like... but I remember it was cool and all.. Zen-ish. This one's very nice too... all yogic (?) and stuff. Like the Sanskritish. :D

That trippy Buddha rocks! :)

Brooks Hall said...

Good job!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Dr. Jay.

I tried to give up drugs by drinking.
- Lou Reed

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Jay

Very nice theme, I like it. Almost makes the site feel "spiritual." I also love the Buddha image.

I wish you could resolve your browser problem with my site, you will need to visit tomorrow. I'm not saying why just yet. You have to wait until tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, darlin'...

But don't go telling everyone I work for free. That's only for some people - others have to pay, hehe! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is reminiscent of your *Zen-like post, only less irritating. ;)

I love the Buddha picture. Too bad it didnt make it into the header. If you add a gadget on the margin, you can post it as a semi-permanent picture up at the top.

Lydia said...

This is weird, but a few nights ago I was at your blog and I thought "he deserves a better header." And an excellent new header you got.
(I'm hoping to figure out how to do it at my blog for the year anniv. by Feb.)

j said...

I'm not sure why the only lyric that come to mind right now is "Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather ..." though that's really a Velvet Underground thing.

The new header looks great.

Anonymous said...

Looking good and I love the Buddha. We hope you stick around for a long time.

crpitt said...

Love the new header, it is most certainly not pants or bollocks :)

Svasti did a an awesometriffic job.

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE the new header and footer. That Buddha is very trippy.

Anonymous said...

I like it...very yoga-ey, or is it just yogi? Anyways, I especially love that font. I, too, am making a change, but am so indecisive that my poor blog may be in perpetual change...aaaarh...I think I need to take up yoga... :o|

Anonymous said...

It's lookin' pretty spiffy in here, Dr. Jay! I stopped by Svasti and she also mentioned you guys had been webbing around together (I just coined that phrase, btw).

I think I might have known you in my former party life. You always seem to quote my heroes (Lou Reed). You ever hang out in SF?

I look forward to more titillating posts from the NEW AND IMPROVED Yoga for Cynics.

Take care,

Melinda

Anonymous said...

You have another award waiting for you. You will find the details on my site. Congratulations! Have a great day.

Linda-Sama said...

very nice! that font is one of my favorites -- I use it for my yoga biz website.....

Jane Doe said...

Hey there. Svasti steered me over to your blog and I quite enjoyed it so I will be back for more!

Jane

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks for today's chuckle. I love the new title bar (particularly the sub-heading there.) Congrats on the impending 6 month blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, Dr Jay. Maybe Svasti can start her own freelancing web design business (but not for free), then she can work where ever she wants.

kw said...

What a great job you two did. Well done!

I'm a fan of Van Gogh, so I love that you added his smoking skull. The first time I saw it, was about five years ago, in Holland.

Keep up the good work; I don't want to be the only one out there contemplating my navel!

Christa said...

Rock on with the new header! You the model posin' on the rocks?

Loving the Sanskitti feel - good job Svasti!

And hey, I want a trippy Buddha too! I'm heading for Ed's site now!