Saturday, December 4, 2010

No Comment


...a bunch of friends crammed into my car to go downtown and see another friend play guitar in a record store...(yes, those still exist)...just down the street from where I go to yoga class...and, as it turned out, yet another friend, who’d biked down, was hoping for a ride home, asked if I could put her bike in my trunk....I said I’d see if it’d fit, but wasn’t too optimistic...having thrown all the crap from the backseat in there to make room for everybody....plus, one of those people had gotten off a train and put her luggage in there...but, the biggest problem with making the bike fit, even if the tires both came off, as she said they would, would be the bike rack I keep in the trunk, which takes up half the space...

....it actually took me a couple minutes to realize the bike rack might, in fact, be something other than an obstacle...

10 comments:

earthtoholly said...

Are you sure that this isn't the Earth to Jay blog???

Haaa! That's pretty funny, drjay--and I'm singing Welcome to My World as I type--'cause this kinda stuff happens to my brain all. the. time. Ex: What's that illness, you know, the one that Lou Gehrig had? Ack!

And I bet you all had a good time surrounded by all that vinyl. :o)

Sidhe said...

Thanks for the smile today!

Silliyak said...

Sometimes I think I hear an audible CLUNK as my brain slips into the proper gear.

Christine Vyrnon said...

Too much rock&roll guitar at record stores will rot the brain.

Y is for Yogini said...

:)

Lydia said...

There you go, solving the puzzle!

Laura said...

OMG...so funny!!! And such a life lesson...not seeing the value of what is right in front of us!!!

Elize said...

well said dr. jay :)

Eleanor said...

You're too young to call it a "senior moment" so maybe just a minor mind hiccup will do?

The good thing is that you DID think of it!

Melinda said...

hahahahahaha, Jay--I think that's what's gotten you through some difficult times in life. Your irreverent (and rather wild) dry humor.

If you ever get a chance to see Spamalot, I highly recommend it.

Oh, and my own hometown of Bozeman, Montana has a record store: "Cactus Records." It does the heart good to know that they still do exist (although they are getting rarer and rarer to find).

Take care,

Melinda