Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Holiday Doldrums and Accidental Haiku



I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
Audrey Hepburn


sluggish, sinuses
on fire, don’t wanna know how
much weight I’ve put on*


* was compiling bodily complaints and realized they came out to exactly seventeen syllables, easily divisible into a traditional five-seven-five structure...making my whining about minor seasonal ailments a completely accidental and spontaneous complaint-haiku...which might be really spiritual...or poetic.......or neither....perhaps funny?...if so, that’s at least as good as either spiritual or poetic...at least to my current state of mind...which let’s face it, is pretty typical for the time of year...minus the all-too-common post-holiday colds or emotional wounds...no fights with family members, this year...not even close...seriously...and, to the best of my knowledge at this point, on the early evening of the 28th, nothing caught from little relatives sneezing on me....the days are getting longer by a couple seconds with every sunrise, and 2011, less than a week ahead, is shaping up already to be a year of momentous events...in my little universe, at least...(but more on those, later)...best wishes, namaste, & all that to all you Floating Glowing Beings of Pure Love out there who give Yoga for Cynics meaning by reading (even when its author's in a crappy mood)...

8 comments:

Brooks Hall said...

Dear Uncle Dr. Jay,
Thank you for your accidental haiku! And I hope your sinuses and the rest of your body feels better soon.
Love,
Your friend,
Warmly regarding you,
Brooks

the walking man said...

Feel better "you Floating Glowing Being{sic} of Pure Love out there who give Yoga for Cynics meaning "

earthtoholly said...

Love the Audrey Hepburn quote, drjay.

And I hope that you're feeling better soon, although the weight thing is something else. I'm trying to not put back on the little I've lost, but I find the indoor trainer so boring, and biking in under-40s weather is too painful.

And so glad your holiday went smoothly...nothing gets to ya like those emotional wounds. Ugh.

I can't wait to hear what you've got in the works for the new year...sounds exciting! Shall we expect YFC studios to spring up here 'n there? Hmmm.

So, namaste to you, O Grand Leader of all Floating Glowing Beings of Pure Love, and hey...I love the crappy mood posts!

Laura said...

Love your achoo haiku! Feel better soon!

Y is for Yogini said...

This is an on-purpose smile from me to you: :)

Anahita said...

I think I might be experiencing some doldrums too :/ or something strange...

bereweber said...

LOL, loved the haiku, i will do a couple of cleansing breaths, pranayama on your name and your sinuses today Dr. Jay! and may your life be clean of trouble for 2011 too, and full of love and lovely asanas
Namaste from San Diego California, where it's sunny yet cold!

jehannie said...

:) aw, well way to go on the 200 hour Training. I finished one in September and am anxious to take another.