Monday, November 24, 2008

Every Lonely Kid Needs a Vampire Girlfriend: Kind of a Movie Review #6

So...went to see this Swedish flick called Let the Right One In...one of those touching movies about adolescent puppy love...which I usually can’t stand...with an incredibly sweet, moving, romantic ending...or, I guess, a horribly demented one, depending on how adolescence rings in your memory....I thought it was wonderful...heh-heh heh-heh...which is no doubt another reason I need to do more yoga....shanti shanti shanti......Should I admit that this whole post is nothing but an excuse to use its title, which I came up with on my way out of the movie theatre and thought was really cool? (Stop giving me that confused look—go see the damned movie and all will be clear). Probably not. Nonetheless, in an attempt to further justify the existence of this shoddy little congregation of nouns and verbs: some shout-outs—that’s right, Yoga for Cynics is now cool enough to use cutting edge hip-hop lingo like shout-outs!....Huh? That’s not cutting edge anymore? Bummer (yeah, I know, that hasn’t been cutting edge since around the time I was born...at which time it referred to the at-that-time-very-cutting-edge experience known as a bad acid experience...but that’s neither here nor there). Anyway: props (that one’s not cool anymore, either, is it?) to my blog friends Roadgurl and her mellow, leafy blog and Bird and her very own blog-equivalent-of-an-aviary for awards sent my way...acknowledged now before they read this sorry post and decide to take them back....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you are just really trying to say you liked a chick flick huh?

Anonymous said...

Remember the good old days when every lonely kid needed a Female Robot Prom Date?

Linda-Sama said...

you got tagged at Ageless Hippie Chick....

Rhiannon said...

I've been debating on whether to see this movie..now I might..have you heard about the new movie "the day the earth stood still" remake with Keanun Reeves? I loved the old one will have to see how much they change it from the original..think it might be a good one.

When you mentioned "shout outs" did I get bummed? "You betcha"!..;o)

Rhi